Energy consumption varies from area to area due to the vast difference in their environmental condition. However, reducing this consumption is one feature homeowners should do to help save on their bills. Below are some ways which homeowners can use to save money per bill:
- About 90% of the energy consumed by incandescent light bulbs is given up as heat hence to minimize this loss, remember to turn off the light when you don’t intend to use it! Replacing your lights with LED’s is a great way to help save on costs!
- Unplug things when they are not in use.
- When buying your appliances, it’s always important to buy those of good energy rating and efficiency, which reduces energy consumption.
- Another important energy consuming factor in the house is laundry. Using cold water will help reduce energy costs.
- Check your shower head! There are some amazing shower heads that reduce the amount of water you use drastically.
- Get a programmable thermostat and water heater. This is to regulate the amount of heat needed in the case of the thermostat and to turn off your water heating system especially at night when they are not in use in the case of a water heater.
- Set all your electronic gadgets (computers) to sleep when they are not in use.
We are here to help! Please reach out with any questions!